Tuesday 25 October 2011

Finals of the first Orphanage

Here are some pics of me and some of the darling kids I just hated leaving today, but am sure I will enjoy my time here at the second orphanage. There is so much I need to help with at the other one - can I come back permanently??? Just heard one of my friends Sisco who is mentally disabled and an epileptic (as many of them are) is unconscious tonight and in hospital. Pray he will be OK.
Joseph the Guard and all rounder funny guy, me (just having a great time and yes working too) and Ian, the Director man behind the orphanage.

My friend Alex who liked to come and visit me regularly, he is mentally challenged but is a good boy none-the-less. I had to take him to school each morning as he usually didn't go.

My friend Douglas - I found a home for my terrible hat! LOL

This is Ezra a very badly disabled Cerebral Palsy child one of many at the orphanage. He has much more mobilisation now and can move his arms and hands much better since he has been given Occupational Therapy (OC).

This is Lucas the OC working on Ezra. It is amazing watching him work and he has these children making sounds and sitting up when before they couldn't move. Some he even has walking and he will get others walking by the time he is finished. He has a Diploma in OC and Counselling and does both there as well as general nursing duties for the clinic. He is an orphan himself and so even though he could be earning 5 times what he is earning here he chooses to stay here to help these children and you can tell he loves them. He would like to do his Degree in the next 3 years and of course can't afford the fees so if anyone would like to help sponsor him for the studies he would be most grateful and so would I!

He works on the muscles in the face so they will learn to talk.

A regular "nurse" duty - fixing ear infections. I gave him some Tea Tree Oil to use as they only had lemon juice and oil. When he goes to study he will come and work holidays and any time he can back at the orphanage.

My friend little Joseph - he was the happiest child there and as soon as I said hello he would laugh out loud and say as many words as he could. He ended up saying "aunty" so I was very happy. Such a gorgeous boy but again physically disabled and not able to see or talk 100%. When the OC first came he couldn't lift his head at all - now look at him. I will miss him.

My friend big Joseph - he is the guard there and he made it a happy and fun place for me.
The wheelchairs all lined up outside the school where the disabled children had been wheeled up to the school

The babies classroom singing songs to learn things. Quite a number in here are mentally disabled so stasy here so at least to learn something. My friend Alex is sitting in the front - I actually got him to come to school that morning and stay there.

No comments:

Post a Comment