Monday 21 November 2011

Spiders and Baboons

Am only now just being able to update this blog from when I first arrived in Zimbabwe - better late than never.
Life is different here - will let the pics tell the story ...

My elephant sized beetle I picked up and threw outside!

A giant centipede - one of millions that are everywhere you walk!
A GIANT spider as big as a horse which I had to kill before it crawled into bed with me! 

Claude (pronounced Cloud) one of my special boys - is 15 yrs old but the size of about a 10 yr old

The beautiful African Tulip Tree (I think - they call it something else)


Frogs eggs by the dam - I destroyed as many as I could LOL

This I am learning to do! I can carry some small things without dropping them - just have to do the big pots of water!
My iron, but I usually get someone else to do it for me - not quite experienced enough yet to tackle this one!

The children with Paula the present Administrator

Just love this picture of Kuku - gorgeous boy

This is Linda seeing her home for the last time - they kicked her out and she turned up at my door at 8.00 one night after walking all day and nothing to eat for 2 days - looked bedragged and dirty and tired and very sad - she is now very happy

Some of my kids after making walk up this rock face - fun times

My darling little Moses - 2 years old - miss him greatly
View from my back door - it is very dry, but  when it rains this will be planted

Pouring the water after winding it up from deep in the weell

Our well

Everyone develops good muscles from winding up the water and tipping it into the buckets to carry back to the orphanage

Carrying our water back to the orphanage from the well

My bath, I can just fit in it if my knees are up to my chin!
Triplets - their mum and grandmother came to the orphanage looking for help as they were an unexpected surprise! They are 2 months old

Taking the kids to school in the back of the Nissan each morning

This is what you do when you don't have a pair of shoes

A pep talk from the Pathfinder leader - Claude couldn't stay the first night as he had to have a blood test at 5.00 am the next morning and was a little upset

Ploughing our fields as the tractor is broken

Yep I'm transport for the pathfinders as well in the "beast" which rattles and bangs - first trip their gear and a few sitting on top, next trip the rest of the children

No comments:

Post a Comment