Sunday 18 September 2011

A taste of what is to come ...

Here are a few photos from my day today - tomorrow I start "working" so this is just a taste of what is to come I am sure. Will be camping somewhere the weekend - not sure what animals will be there apart from the hippos and crocs. Maybe I should sleep in the car :)
Baboons beside the road where we were driving along.

Yes the giraffes were there - beautiful creatures

Traditional Masai house

Traditional Masai Village - the thorn bushes are to keep the lions out
and yes, I was walking around here just on dark - obviously I didn't look good enough to eat!

One can never have too many bags - this market was great - some beautiful stuff here
and yes I'm a pretty good bargainer.

Rolfs Restaurant - we will be dining here at some stage - a man built this HUGE house
on the edge of this ravine - and converted it into a motel and restaurant -
you have to walk over a swing bridge to get to it - not my favourite thing to do so stayed
right in the middle as far from the edges as possible.
We heard baboons calling out when we went back to the car after dark.

The slum area in Nairobi - over 1 million very poor people live here.
I will be going into here at some stage to see if we can help the women
find work other than making beer to sell.

1 comment: